Monday, June 04, 2007

sorry notes maybe I will read you tomorrow

in all of these lectures on allergy and immunity, very little focus seems to be given to the fact that most food allergies are made up. I will allow the occasional peanut allergy if you seem credible, or maybe even the rare shellfish, but that is it. also there is precious little mention of the significant incompatibility between allergies and tasting menus. honestly, we pay for this education?

in related matters, I have of course been reading chef news much of the evening. I am somewhat uncertain how I feel about the ROM's latest acquisition, chef teddy corrado. some solid time at george, luce, rain and zoom to be sure, but that's really more guy rubino than anyone should be exposed to in a lifetime. that man is so creepy. and gaunt. someone throw him a yuzu-masala beef wellington or something.

No comments: