Monday, May 14, 2007

trad

as we were leaving the house this morning, I asked mila if she even noticed that I was wearing a sweet themed outfit. I am talking dock shoes, button-down white oxford, diagonal stripe rep tie, pincord blazer - and a rather fetching lavender manscarf.

her first thought: "purple?" okay all I had in purple was a manscarf so obviously that was wrong. "nautical?" closer I guess, but still wrong. I was sporting a pretty textbook east coast trad look, so it really should have been pretty obvious. it is a good thing that I appreciate my theme looks, because mila sure does not.

p.s. I forgot a knife today so I am gnawing big hunks of pork tenderloin off my plastic fork. needless to say, this egregious lack of etiquette is ruining my trad look. also it is jerk pork. I wish I had a lobster or some crab cakes or something. I do not feel that they eat jerk on martha's vineyard.

p.p.s. I need some madras trousers.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i have a themed outfit on today too, but you didn't notice. it's called 'hot'. speaking of which, i need some madras curry.