Thursday, April 12, 2007

kelly kwan

google why have you pushed me down to eleventh place in the search results for kelly kwan? now I am not even on the first page of hits. how do you expect kelly to find my site and have his eye-opening susur revelation, causing him to leave the restaurant (emailing me first to ask my advice, of course) and join the team somewhere where his excruciating passion for service would be truly appreciated and then invite me to dine at the chef's table and of course the chef would cook for me and even though I was right in the kitchen and the chef could just pass me the dishes kelly would still insist on serving me and my water glass would never be less than half full and the plates would not waiver from their carefully considered orientations and even the most minor spills would see kelly saute-ing toward the table with napkin in hand ready to delicately place it over the offending blemish and all night long kelly would coo "ballotin of rabbit" and "monkfish liver sous vide" and "single origin cluizel house truffles" and napkins would be refreshed with wanton abandon and I would say "thank you kelly" but he would reply most genuinely: "no, sir - thank you."

4 comments:

Luke said...

your fantasies involve so many....linens

simon said...

kelly would understand.

Anonymous said...

Kelly is the only server in the city to whom I have the pleasure of being served. I never ever have to ask for assistance (napkins, water, wine, utensils, etc.), everything I needed or wanted was already on the table for me. On several occasions when I spilled food on the table cloth, unbeknownst to me while I smoke my cigarette, he replaced the dirty table cloth with anew once I return to my table.

Incredible service from beginning to end. He is no longer at Susur (Madeline) but he's currently at Centro. Very down to earth and professional, unlike many many pretentious servers in the city.

I hope you will enjoy his service as much I do.

Mom said...

You can't smoke at Centro - who are you, anonymous????