Thursday, February 15, 2007

341 grams

my lunch tomorrow weighs exactly 341 grams. I know this, because mila arrived as I was in the process of filling tupperwares with our lunches, and she was not confident that I was performing an equitable division of the fried rice. so to appease her, the lunches had to be weighed on our digital scale, and adjusted grain by grain until we had equal lunches.

remarkably, mila raised this equity issue in spite of the fact that she is supposed to be on the "2/3 program." you see, most dinners around here end with mila curled up on the floor complaining that her belly is too full, and to never let her eat so much again. but then the next night she inevitably ends up on the floor in the same fetal position. so she finally decided that, given her diminutive size, she should only take 2/3 as much food as I do. unfortunately, as demonstrated by our lunches, this has not been her most successful resolution to date.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

you make me sound so weird.

Anonymous said...

I have actually heard that this is a common problem when women start living with their boyfriends - they think they should eat the same amount in order to be companionable. but women usually eat less than men in general (although maybe I am in a special category, having a skinny boyfriend with hollow legs and a love for toast before bed). So anyways mila, you don't sound weird to me.

simon said...

toast before bed? that sounds so spartan. I hope at least that there is butter on it.

I prefer a shot of espresso and a cookie or two.