Wednesday, September 06, 2006

superfries

inexplicably, for the past few weeks mila has been demanding of me at every meal: where are my superfries? it did not matter what we were eating. pizza? where are my superfries. stirfry? where are my superfries. cheerios? where are my superfries. she had never once attempted to buy them in the store nor had she ever expressed any interest in frozen potato products. so I really do not understand why I was getting so much heat for not providing her with mccain superfries.

today we were at the store and the premium fries were on sale. regular mccain superfries I would refuse, but xtra crispy shoestring superfries are I guess okay. well, not really, I still think they are lowbrow. if I had a deep fryer, my dream appliance, I would not have to put up with this mccain stuff, but I guess in the interim I will just have to slum it with the premium fries. I will report back later with my tasting notes.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

i wanted crinkle cut.

Anonymous said...

if you are going to be tasting mccain frozen food products you have to get the garlic fingers with cheese- a true east coast delicacy. make sure you grab some donair sauce too!

simon said...

dear anonymous, "the pita of any true Haligonian donair will be so soaked in sauce that attempts to pick it up will be fruitless."

is this true? if so how do you eat it? do you have to eat it off a plate?

Anonymous said...

Frozen fries are full of transfats and other bad things. Stay away from them!!!!!

simon said...

these are trans fat free. every time we buy something that says trans fat free I know you would be proud because I know you hate nothing more than trans fat.

Anonymous said...

as another east coaster, i will comment on the amazing frozen food that is "the garlic finger". outstanding, comes ina green box, almost as good as greco or pizza delights. now, as for these donairs, they are a delicacy of the east coast and they are very sloppy- souvlaki? you aint seen nothing.