Thursday, September 21, 2006

rack it and stupid

the ttc in toronto recently started installing bike racks on the front of some of their busses. that is all good, save some gas, ride some bikes, ride some transit, go planet. but they called this program "rack it and rocket," the 'rocket' being a nickname for the ttc.

that slogan makes me want to hop in a hummer and do doughnuts in a parking lot with the a/c on full and the windows down. ttc, that is a lame-o slogan. I do not know what was wrong with my suggestion "ride your bike then put it on a bike rack and ride a ttc bus." I think it is much more clear and it at least does not make me want to pour gasoline and motor oil down a storm drain out of spite.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that it is a cute slogan. Yours is too long to put on a subway ad or in the paper. Their slogan makes me want to start biking just so I can put it on their buses. How come you have seen the ad and I haven't, and you don't even live in the T. dot. Do you spend too much time browsing their website?

simon said...

do you even own a bike? when was the last time you biked in toronto?

Anonymous said...

I have a bike. Last time I biked was perhaps four years ago, through Mt. Pleasant Cemetery. I also have used an exercise bike.