Saturday, September 30, 2006

monochrome cinemas

rainbow cinemas, you have 6 or so screens on which you play the usual blockbuster drivel. that leaves 2 screens free from julia roberts and vin diesel. the only other theatre nearby is a silvercity which is far too infested with tweens, teens and townies (the triple t crowd, as I like to say) for my comfort. so that leaves 2 screens for me to see movies on. so if one of those screens is full of al gore going on about global warming all summer, and if I have already seen that movie, that leaves one screen for me to see movies. now you see, rainbow cinemas, if you play garbage on that other screen, there are no movies for me to see. and then when I talk to someone from toronto I end up looking like some country bumpkin because I am woefully behind on the art house fare. so please, rainbow cinemas, stop making me look like a country bumpkin.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

simon, not to worry. on nov 17 i bet that "happy feet" will be at silvercity as well as rainbow cinemas. date?

Anonymous said...

just tell them you've been too busy attending toga parties and pancake keggers.

simon said...

rachel, that will make them think I am more of a townie. plus it was raining so I did not go to any pancake keggers.

mila, I am busy on nov 17th I am afraid. sorry.

Anonymous said...

ouch!

i see all your boring documentaries.

Anonymous said...

Watching movies takes away from study time so it's not a bad thing is it? You can use the saved time to study up on your ten times table so that you can be expert at calculating EKGs. Also there is always "Take Home Chef" and "Date my Mom" and "Super Sweet Sixteen" if you don't like what is on at the multiplex.

Anonymous said...

and "meerkat manor" if you cough up the $2/month it would take to buy me the animal planet channel. gift idea...