Monday, September 18, 2006

healthy breakfast

my standby breakfast cereal is cheerios. they are both delicious on their own, and neutral enough to allow for accessorizing. but a while ago when we were at the store, I noticed that reese's peanut butter puffs were on sale. "oh, I had better just get some for afternoon snacking and the like," I lied. I enjoyed them as promised for a few days, but then began working them into my morning meal. actually, if you compare the nutrients, they are pretty similar to cheerios. riboflavin, iron, calories - reese's has got all the same things as cheerios. it is like health food with all that riboflavin.

but this morning as I finished the box off, I noticed there were no cereal crumbs. you know how the bottom of the box usually has all those little bits of cereal, and some cereal dust? none. it was just spheres of reese's, and then it was empty. I must confess this was a little disconcerting. I mean what do they do to the cereal so that it stays in its little spheres right down to the bottom of the box? big chemicals is what, I reckon. too bad I had already bought a jumbo box for backup. well, too bad for my liver, or something, but great for morning deliciousness!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think the Reeces' are health food - I expect that they are loaded with sugar. Please stick to the cheerios as they are healthier for you. And add some fruit on top for good measure.

Anonymous said...

Dear Simon,
Sugar naysayers aside, I suggest having baked goods for breakfast instead.

simon said...

hello mom, 'Reeces' are in fact quite similar in nutrition to cheerios, honest.

hello aldous, mail me some baked goods, I will review them.