Thursday, July 13, 2006

medical update

no it is not world tb day. that is march 24 if memory serves me correctly. yes I know that date from memory you should too. but it is simon's end of tb day. well it is not actually end of tb. I am tb+ 4life. but I am all done with my tb pills, so I have as little tb as I will ever have I guess.

in other medical news, mila had her wisdom teeth out. her cheeks are enormous. more enormous than usual that is. she is standing here forcing me to say that she was very brave and that I am a terrible nurse because I had a nap when we got home and she missed her 3 pm tylenol because I was not awake to administer it. no she is not a tween as you may have guessed from a) wisdom tooth extraction and b) dependency on simon the nurse. also c) her dinner of gerber prunes and sweet potato. she does report that they were both delicious.

gerber makes entire meals in one jar. that is just gross. pureed prunes, whatever, that is fine, it is just one food in a different texture. mila even reports that it had a certain high end vibe to it. caribou loin with organic prune compote or something. but turkey, wild rice, vegetable and fruit medley IN ONE JAR ALL PUREED TOGETHER is giving me major voms. equally gross, and outrageously decadent are gerber’s spanish paella and their chicken cacciatore, with appropriate sides, of course. what kind of baby needs that stuff? oh god I hope I had those when I was a baby.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

House puree? Stick blender? Gelato? Congrats on TB+. A much better grade than TB. Don't get consumed.

And no, Lynne, in reply to your previous query, I am not replying to Simon's blog from work. My computer has a complex algorithm to broadcast a random time every time I post something to the internet, to better escape the clutches of the NSA (terrorist activity, you understand. Toronto 17/18? Make that 19. Oh yeah. Go Jihad.)

Anonymous said...

Aldous, somehow I think you are making this up.
Simon, when you were a baby I pureed some vegetables for you as I did not like the salt etc they put in. I would freeze the baby food in an ice cube tray. However that became somewhat tedious so I did resort to commercial baby foods. I did write to the companies to complain about added sugar and salt. I thought both were unnecessary. In any event, I did not buy the mixed food as it seemed weird and expensive, by that time you could eat regular food. Is it true that they make mixed fruit with vegetables, and all three mixed together (meat, fruit, veg) or are you making that up.

simon said...

I am astounded that you would accuse me of making up facts about baby food. yes meat/veg/fruit combos exist. also I see that heinz and gerber both offer an extensive range of organic selections for today's health-conscious baby.

you sound like you were a crazy mother. I cannot believe you wrote to baby food companies. it is lucky that I turned out to be so normal.

Anonymous said...

I was ahead of my time. I'll bet the baby food in the organic line has less salt and sugar than the old line did! I will have to check out the baby food aisle when I am next at the food store.

Anonymous said...

PS My standards have dropped as your sister is watching a movie that only people over 18 should watch. She's not here watching it, but I am aware of it!

Anonymous said...

I have been remiss in checking this blog since I have now stopped cataloguing images and have been in ottawa visiting babies. Leo is not fond of you being on the internet unless you are looking at the thomas the tank engine or this is daniel cook websites. so i am late in saying GET WELL SOON MILA! Hopefully you are better now, but if not I remember that when John started to get too skinny after his mega jaw surgery (i.e. just a bit skinnier than he is now) he was instructed to drink chicken broth blended with cream cheese for extra protein and fat content. when I had my w.t's out I was more fond of milupa baby cereal, the kind with crushed up digestive biscuits and bananas in it. actually, i eat that sometimes when my face is not swollen. and lynne, my mother was with you on the homemade baby food!

simon said...

as a general practice I try to make mila add some of that protein powder to her beverages, in order to bulk up. she always refuses though.