Friday, July 28, 2006

careless criticizing

so I do not know if anyone has ever actually noticed, but I change the criticism at the top of my blog every so often. outlook tells me to do it every week but I usually press snooze and then it beeps for an hour until mila finally yells at me to turn it off. sorry that is my real alarm clock but I do press snooze in outlook too. anyway I do change it sometimes. but the problem is I have not kept track of what I have been writing up there. see, here is the secret. those are not actually criticisms that my outraged readers have sent in. I actually just write them because if I am so open to criticism like that I must be an okay guy so basically I just put it up there to dupe people.

so now since I have no more prison break to watch the only thing I have to think about is what if I start duplicating my criticisms. that would be terrible, because then I would have butchered the very words that were supposed to be cutting my blog down to size. I am still in somewhat of a stupor induced by watching 22 episodes of tv in a darkened room non-stop for two days so I cannot really tease out the reason that it would be so terrible, but I feel quite ardently that there must be some irony there, or at least some sort of double negative.

2 comments:

Luke said...

You'll be happy to know that I do indeed notice your constantly changing sobriquet, and inevitably modify my own (because I did not, alas, schedule the change into my outlook and besides we don't use outlook at SAC, we use some sort of free program that doesn't work so well).

You could keep a small list of criticisms, and refer to it occasionally? That might help...

Also, someone has told me to rough up my blogging a little. The run-on sentence above is an attempt to do so.

simon said...

no one asked you to rough up my blog so please keep your run-on sentences to yourself and stop polluting my blog with them because my blog does not need any roughing up thanks.